Rosacea is a common skin condition often mistaken for acne or eczema. It mainly affects the facial skin. Lighter skin people are more prone to the problem than others.
Common symptoms include red patches, burning sensation and irritation in the eyes, watery eyes, swollen eyelids and swelling of the face. The main reason behind Rosacea is swelling of the blood vessels below the skin.
Certain factors that worsen the condition are extreme temperatures, spicy food, stress, alcohol, and sunlight.
Home Remedies For Rosacea Redness
Licorice reduces redness, itching and irritation caused by Rosacea.
- Take licorice powder and honey in equal proportion
- Remove the outer layers of aloe vera leaf
- Extract the gel
- Add 1 tsp of aloe gel in the mixture
- Mix well
- Apply the mixture evenly on the face
- Allow it to remain there for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Cucumber contains Vitamin A, C and E. Cucumber mask is a cool remedy to reduce redness and swelling of the face caused by Rosacea.
- Take a chilled cucumber
- Blend it into a smooth paste
- Spread it gently over the face
- Leave it for half an hour
- Rinse off with cold water
Chamomile has a calming effect on skin irritated by Rosacea.
- Soak 3 chamomile tea bags in three cups of boiling water
- Remove tea bags and refrigerate the tea
- Dip a clean face cloth in the chamomile tea (use as a cold compress)
- Apply it to the affected area
Green tea is loaded with anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. These prove to be beneficial in rosacea treatment. Cooled green tea can be applied in the same way as the chamomile compresses on the rosacea-reddened face.
Tea tree oil
Anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil are useful in combating Rosacea naturally.
- Take pure tea tree oil
- Pour a few drops of oil on a cotton ball
- Apply the oil directly over the reddened areas of your face
Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer and an excellent exfoliator.
Prepare an oatmeal mask in the following manner
- Take oatmeal in the powdered form or grind it in coffee bean grinder
- Add water to make a smooth paste
- Apply it on the skin
- Let it dry completely
- Splash water to rehydrate it
- Rub gently to exfoliate
- Wash with water
It renders the epidermis hydrated, nourished and oxygenated.
Due to its soothing effect, Aloe Vera is highly beneficial in curing Rosacea redness.
- Take a fresh aloe leaf
- Cut it open
- Extract the gel
- Apply gel directly on the reddened skin
- Do this twice a day
Aloe Vera can also be taken orally to get relief from the inflammatory skin condition.
Lavender is useful against many skin conditions including Rosacea. Anti-inflammatory properties of lavender help in shrinking the facial blood vessels.
- Take a few drops of lavender oil
- Add carrier oil (almond oil or jojoba oil or olive oil)
- Mix well
- Massage it gently into the skin
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar stimulates the release of enzymes. These help in the removal of toxins and increase blood circulation to the skin.
- Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to water. Keep the ratio 1:4
- Dip a cotton ball in the liquid
- Squeeze the extra liquid
- Apply it on the face
Apple cider vinegar can also be taken orally. The right method is:
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Add a little honey
- Drink every morning and night
Employ both these methods to cure Rosacea redness.
To get rid of Rosacea quickly, OTC creams can also be used. Some of the best in the business are Revitol Rosacea Cream, Revitol acnezine cream, Zenmed Natural Rosacea Treatment and Skinception Rosecea Relief Serum.
The above mentioned methods are some natural remedies that are effective and long lasting. Practice them and get rid of Rosacea naturally at home.
This is a guest post contributed by Melissa Mellie